Krynn's Time of Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Krynn's Time of Dragons

Krynn's Time of Dragons is a Neverwinter Nights Free Multi-player RPG.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiri-Jolith
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kiri-Jolith

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World. Empty
PostSubject: Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World.   Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:10 am

I've received several invaluable offers off aid in building a new dragonlance module. Currently, I am only needing area designers/builders, so I thought I'd make available to the tools needed to make areas.

First, you will need 7zip. It's a free decompression tool that handles the *.7z format, which provides better compression than all standard formats. (zip,rar,ace,etc.)

Download and Install: 7zip

Second, You will need the CEP 2.2b. There are several methods for installation, all information and notes are covered elsewhere.

Download and Install: CEP 2.2b

Note: Download and Use the CEP Updater to ensure you have the most recent files available.

Third, You will need the set of custom haks I've made for the module, at least, the relevant ones needed for building areas.

Download and Install: Legends of Krynn Builder Haks

With this done, you will lastly need the base module that combines everything properly.

Download and Install: Legends of Krynn Area Builder Module

That's it. You're ready to go. Just open in the toolset, and check it out.

I'm using this map as to the layout of the land, and what parts to build.
Map of Ansalon

This is the list I'm using for general information and locations of interest.
Location Reference

Last edited by Kiri-Jolith on Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kiri-Jolith
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kiri-Jolith

Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World.   Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:40 am

F.A.Q.S

Q: "What tilesets ave been added?"

A: I claim no credit for these, I just added them into a set and made them compatible. JXP Mountains & Complete Rural & City.

Q: "What other content have you added besides the CEP 2.2b?"

A: Again, I claim no credit for these. I just put them together and made them compatible with eachother.
Nanosky I,II,II, Community Skybox Pack, Ground Cover 2

Q: "How do I connect my areas together?"

A: All you need to do is put DOOR in the name field of the door, and in the comments tab, state where it goes to the best of your ability. In the case of outdoor transitions, just use a waypoint and follow the instructions for doors. If destinations share the same tag, it will break the transition. This system prevents this from happening.

Q: "How do I make a switch that teleports the user around, make a lightning bolt make a portal, etc.etc.?"

A: If you would like special effects, or certain conditions to be met for opening a door, use a the comments field of the Area. (Located under properties.) That requires scripting, and we have systems setup for handling that sort of thing.

Q: "When I'm making a goblin villiage, do I place the monsters on the map, or set encounters?"

A: No. Again, state your ideas for the areas you're building in the comments field on the Area Properties. We don't use the standard Neverwinter Nights encounter system.

Q: "Is there any limit to the number of placeables I can use, or maximum area size?"

A: Yes and no. There is a limit, but it's a large number on both counts. Placeables and area size increase load times. High traffic areas and often seen areas (roads & towns) should both load quickly. Please limit them to 16x16. On low traffic areas, or event dungeons, 20x20 is maximum. If you submit an area and it's deemed unsuitable for it's intended use, it will be asked that it is revised, or if ofther builders can modify it.

Q: "What am I supposed to do when I am finished with an Area/Set?"

A: Right click on the area in the left panel, click export, and e-mail the resulting *.erf file to
nwn_dragonlanceadmin@gmail.com.

Q: "What areas need to be built?"

A: Everywhere except Balifor. Use the reference link above for Regions & Specific locations. You can also build w/e you like. We can always find a use for it.
Back to top Go down
Kiri-Jolith
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kiri-Jolith

PostSubject: Re: Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World.   Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:07 am

Feel free to ask questions or leave comments. Feedback is vital.
Back to top Go down
SB_Storm
Webmaster
Webmaster
SB_Storm

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World.   Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 6:57 pm

Should we give our name and what areas we are opting to build so that we don't have 100 or more areas dealing with the same location?
Back to top Go down
http://timeofdragons.angelcities.com/KTOD.html
Kiri-Jolith
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kiri-Jolith

PostSubject: Re: Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World.   Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:37 pm

Yes, please. If you have specific areas you are intending to build, or who regions you want to tackle, please state them in this thread for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Kiri-Jolith
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kiri-Jolith

PostSubject: Re: Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World.   Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 6:29 pm

lol. I guess everyone changed their minds about helping me... Or at least, about notifying me about the help they'd like to offer.

Are those offers still valid, or am I on my own?
Back to top Go down
SB_Storm
Webmaster
Webmaster
SB_Storm

PostSubject: Re: Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World.   Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:55 am

Is all you need are areas buildt?
and all those downloads will give me everything that I need to make the areas with?
Back to top Go down
Kiri-Jolith
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kiri-Jolith

PostSubject: Re: Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World.   Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 2:44 pm

Yes and Yes. Currently, area's are all I need built. Using this build method, the area builder mod, if a placeable blueprint doesn't exist (Though I've included all the blueprints from the CEP), the individual builder can make their own and it has no impact when imported into the play module. It also allows individual builders to update/maintain their own areas, if they see needed changes, without impacting the play module itself, and lets the module continuely change. ~shrugs~ Seems like a good system to me, though I'm open to suggestions.

Note: If you had custom areas built for the existing KToD module, or have submitted them, I think I have a large handful of them... if you'd like them included in the module, please state what area's you've submitted, and where they should connect.
Back to top Go down
SB_Storm
Webmaster
Webmaster
SB_Storm

PostSubject: Re: Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World.   Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:22 pm

When I can balance some time out from mid-terms and such, I will get with you here about some of the areas and things that I will work on for addition.

I still have to sit down and get familiar with all the new tile sets yet also, though I'm sure once I sit with the toolset open for a few hours I'll get my self re-hooked on putting things together and should be able to get some made for you.

~SB
Back to top Go down
Hesh
DM
DM
Hesh

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World.   Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 9:28 am

Hey Kiri, if you want to use the Abyss I built you can convert it over to your newer sets and use away man. Id be honored if you did.
Back to top Go down
Kiri-Jolith
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kiri-Jolith

PostSubject: Re: Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World.   Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 4:06 pm

Hmmm. Didn't know the links were broken. Srry about that guys. They're fixed now.
Back to top Go down
Twisted Visions
KTOD Member

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World.   Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:57 am

Should I not bother posting bugs seeing as tho you are going to be changing the server anyways?
Back to top Go down
Kiri-Jolith
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kiri-Jolith

PostSubject: Re: Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World.   Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 1:27 pm

mmmm. Bugs on the posted module are storms department. I dunno what he plans when I get to the point of hosting/testing. I intend to host on my pc while I work out all the kinks in the system, but I don't have the bandwidth he does. And to host/use the module I'm building requires setting up an http server as well as a sql database. Storm, you have the proficiency to do this, or....? What's the plan man?
Back to top Go down
SB_Storm
Webmaster
Webmaster
SB_Storm

PostSubject: Re: Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World.   Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 2:35 pm

Right now since I moved my ISP sucks and until I get a letter back from them involving my current issues I wrote to them about there service I don't really know.

Setting up a http server and a sql database I have not ever looked into it, nor do I know much about it, yet my new PC has all the "guts" to do it and space to do it I'm sure of... but it will boil down to my ISP, if I cannot resolve issues with them then I will have to change providers again or I will have a "Bottle Neck" in the stream again like I did before when I got the gigabit router and such.

I will look up and read the info about what you need done, if you have links to info please put it up or send it over and I will gladly give you all the info you need Kiri in regards to, if I can or not.

Current bugs on the current module I have set aside one day a week to work on these to help make gaming better until we have another working module, for we all know the one that is up is good but has many different issues with it due to all of us were learning as we buildt it.
Back to top Go down
SB_Storm
Webmaster
Webmaster
SB_Storm

PostSubject: Re: Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World.   Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 4:41 pm

You may still post bugs that you find in the current module KTOD 2
and I will still work on them guys.

I have disabled the horses because they were still buggy.

~bump~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World.   Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legends of Krynn: A PnP D&D Style Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights Persistent World.
Page 1 of 1