Krynn's Time of Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Krynn's Time of Dragons

Krynn's Time of Dragons is a Neverwinter Nights Free Multi-player RPG.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your Internet Speed?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SB_Storm
Webmaster
Webmaster
SB_Storm

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-07-13

What is your Internet Speed? Empty
PostSubject: What is your Internet Speed?   What is your Internet Speed? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 6:49 am

I'm in the process of writing my ISP a letter to explain to them that I am not happy with my service for the speed and price they are currently ripping me off at....

So I would like to know if some of you could give me what your current speeds are up/down your state and current price for internet service so that I can show MY ISP that they are way behind the times with this current BS they are offering to people in my area.

I need to know what state / country, Internet speed up and down and what the costs are for you for your current speed for comparison in my letter. That way they cannot write back and say that my area is "just different" or some crap. Because we all know that IT ALL travels through the Same cable lines across America and the ocean.

My question to them is going to be, It is the same damn cable line running across the country so the problem is Not the Cable Line itself, NOR is it my PC for it is 1 Gigabit compatible so it is INFACT there company and what it is that they are providing that is so crappy and slow and that they need to update there crap.

Below is what I recently found my up / down speeds to be.

(copied from the other thread)

UPDATE:

I have checked all my connections and such everything is fine; however,
when i went and checked my Internet speed online to see my upload and dload speed this is what I found:

Last Result:
Download Speed: 784 kbps (98 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 87 kbps (10.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

So I am in the process of writing my ISP provider a nice little letter to ask WTF is up with the speed rates for I have been paying them $39.95 a month for this crap! and that is just for the INTERNET service not the TV for the TV is included in my rent.

At my last house, I was at 20 mbps Down and 2 mbps Up with cable AND phone for $119.00 a month. So basically I am getting ripped off with my service here.....

Because I am barely above 56k phone modem speed with a Gigabit capable PC..
Needless to say I am not happy at the moment with what i have just found out.

Here is the site to check your speed rates at for free guys:
http://www.whatismyip.com/speedtest/index.asp

~SB
Back to top Go down
http://timeofdragons.angelcities.com/KTOD.html
Twisted Visions
KTOD Member

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: What is your Internet Speed?   What is your Internet Speed? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 8:52 pm

My results were

Down load: 13,757 kbps.

Upload: 4,958 kbps.

Provider: Comcast

Place: Mas... Usa

Quite different from yours it seems may be your area ?

I pay $40 a month its part of the comast bundle

Last edited by Twisted Visions on Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SB_Storm
Webmaster
Webmaster
SB_Storm

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: What is your Internet Speed?   What is your Internet Speed? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 9:55 am

Mines just plain crap compared to what it used to be.

As far as "Area" goes how do they tell what's a "good" area and what's a "bad" area?
I mean really, like I mentioned above, all the cable lines are the same diameter and are all hooked up the same way, and they all take you to the same place via your PC. So what gives here?

if joe smoe can get 20mb down and 1mb up, but I can only get 755kb down and 87kb up right across the tracks / county line it has to be the Internet Service Providers.

By the way anyone know what you need to have to be an internet service provider? I mean they are basically just flipping a switch that allows you to connect and you'd figure with all these damn wireless things coming out that the wired home owner might get a break or a discount on their prices at some point.

*stops rant*
Back to top Go down
ProjectAshley
Administration
Administration

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: What is your Internet Speed?   What is your Internet Speed? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:05 pm

Just went to http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Here's the results for my comp:
9336 download speed / 8085 upload speed.
Back to top Go down
Kiri-Jolith
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kiri-Jolith

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: What is your Internet Speed?   What is your Internet Speed? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:07 pm

From Ash's link, I have 4670kbps Down & 451kbps Up. I have a 5meg plan from Charter, and it costs 75 dollars a month for Digital Cable, 5 meg internet connection, and our phone line (through cable company).
Back to top Go down
Hesh
DM
DM
Hesh

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: What is your Internet Speed?   What is your Internet Speed? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 8:09 am

mines at 15785kbps down and 985kbps for upload. I have Roadrunner and its 50$ a month.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your Internet Speed?   What is your Internet Speed? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your Internet Speed?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Krynn's Time of Dragons :: Welcome to the KTOD forums :: General Disscusion-
Jump to: