Krynn's Time of Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Krynn's Time of Dragons

Krynn's Time of Dragons is a Neverwinter Nights Free Multi-player RPG.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

On Knights of Solamnia

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiri-Jolith
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kiri-Jolith

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-01-19

On Knights of Solamnia Empty
PostSubject: On Knights of Solamnia   On Knights of Solamnia I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:32 pm

Since NWNs only allows for 3 classes per character, and a De-Level/Re-Level to take a 4th class will cause more trouble than it's worth, I'm inlcuding Knight of the Crown as a starter class. (It occupies your first class slot). Knight of the Crown will be a pre-requisite for obtaining the Prestiege Class: Knight of the Sword, which is a Pre-Req for Knight of Rose. The 2 PrC's will also have long quests lines associated with them to be able to take the classes, to limit the number of Knights of the Sword & Knights of the Rose wandering around.

The other possible solution is making players take 4 levels of a standard base class, and get sponsored by an existing KoS to unlock the Knight of the Crown base class. Once this happens, then the character can be rebuilt as a KoS with Knight of the Sword as the new base class. (Level would be of course, transfered over, so the new char would be a lvl 3 Knight of the Sword. )

I'm open to ideas about how to handle this, as it's the only string of PrC's thus far that require 4 class slots to fill out...
Back to top Go down
RaistlinMM
KTOD Member
RaistlinMM

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: On Knights of Solamnia   On Knights of Solamnia I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:41 pm

Have to ask what of those who already have a Knight of the Rose?
Back to top Go down
Kiri-Jolith
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kiri-Jolith

PostSubject: Re: On Knights of Solamnia   On Knights of Solamnia I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:53 pm

I don't understand the question.
Back to top Go down
RaistlinMM
KTOD Member
RaistlinMM

PostSubject: Re: On Knights of Solamnia   On Knights of Solamnia I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 7:29 pm

ok I have a KoR so am i Grandfathered in or do i have to start over?
Back to top Go down
Kiri-Jolith
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kiri-Jolith

PostSubject: Re: On Knights of Solamnia   On Knights of Solamnia I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 8:11 pm

There will be a small number of grandfathered slots for each of the guilds, as existing members is needed for part of the systems that will handle the guilds. They are on a volunteer and as needed basis....

Though, you had nothing to say about how it works. =p
Back to top Go down
RaistlinMM
KTOD Member
RaistlinMM

PostSubject: Re: On Knights of Solamnia   On Knights of Solamnia I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 8:39 pm

If you really want me to go into the Class business i can but i'm under the banner of RP over rules
Back to top Go down
Twisted Visions
KTOD Member

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: On Knights of Solamnia   On Knights of Solamnia I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:18 am

Is there a place to read the info on these classes you are talking about Knight of the Crown, Kinght of the sword and Knight of the rose? I failed to find any info on them on the forums.

As well as is it possable to have a posting of the said requirements for these special classes along with thier added feats and or abilites posted?

Same for the Monster races. We have a list of what we can take but not thier ability mods. They are in game listed but would be easier to look over if they were posted on the forums.

And keep in mind I'm going into my second week on the server / Froums So forgive some of my in game and forum setup ignorance I do try and read all past and current posts to try and get a better bearing of what is being talk of and happening server wise.

Just would help out in responding to such topic's like you have posted above if some of the info I stated was more visable on the forums.

Now in responce to the Knights depending how many are currently in the server now would matter, seeing there are around 10 players in and out from what I have seen so far.

Should one have to rp out being a squire of some sort of the Sponsored Knight for some time before becoming a Knight? Most cases it takes time to become a knight and its based on your training and your deeds .

Simply being sponcered dosent mean you are to become a knight I dont think ? I see it more as a knight has seen potental in the man or woman and is willing to train them in the ways of knight hood and is then up to the deeds and training of the squire to earn the right to be a knight threw thier proven actions, being a loyal severant of the knight and to thier cause.

so it should be more of a controlled Dm reward type of thing if you wish to controll thier numbers. And not all those willing to squire will become Kinghts so it still allows people to rp trying to become a knight even if it takes a long time and is late in thier training when they finally become a knight and may only get the rank of Kight of the sword for thier actions and deeds have not earned them better . So for example being 30 lvls of base class and 10 of a Kinght of the sword or something to that nature.

Just a thought is all.
Back to top Go down
RaistlinMM
KTOD Member
RaistlinMM

PostSubject: Re: On Knights of Solamnia   On Knights of Solamnia I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:12 pm

Quite righ ton the Knight part though one proceed through the ranks to attain knight of the sword
Back to top Go down
Kiri-Jolith
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kiri-Jolith

PostSubject: Re: On Knights of Solamnia   On Knights of Solamnia I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:39 pm

If you want a list of requirements and abilities, look in the D&D 3.5 ed version of the Dragonlance Campaign Setting. If/when you do, there's a large list of things that have to be accomplished to get the next prc. All these are available as quests lines and need to be completed before allowing the next stage.

But I follow... though I wouldn't let DMs control availability of classes/races. Leads to too much bias. The system will handle the availability of classes/races to keep it fair for all.
But a player -will- have to play through a quest line as a "squire" to be able to be a Knight of the Crown. When this quest line is done, the player will have the option of sacrificing their base class to take Knight of the Crown as their base class, restarting as a lvl 1 character. This should cut down on Knights of the Rose running around, as well as encouraging players to use the other PrCs with their Knight of the Crown levels, as Knight of the Sword would take the #3 class slot.
Back to top Go down
SB_Storm
Webmaster
Webmaster
SB_Storm

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: On Knights of Solamnia   On Knights of Solamnia I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:31 pm

We used to have everything listed on our old forums, until they got taken away...
Back to top Go down
http://timeofdragons.angelcities.com/KTOD.html
RaistlinMM
KTOD Member
RaistlinMM

PostSubject: Re: On Knights of Solamnia   On Knights of Solamnia I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:26 pm

Lock the classes the same way you lock certain races.... good idea but i still think The guilds should have more control over the quest lines such as i still believe a wizard should have to get an invitation from a Tower/Conclave Mage. Now I understand that such a thing would incur bias but thats the way it should be the guilds are not open to everyone or i should say every character just as in real life.
Back to top Go down
Will of Lett
KTOD Member
Will of Lett

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: On Knights of Solamnia   On Knights of Solamnia I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 1:07 pm

Just a few thoughts

Starter class for monster races would be cool to have one.

Starter class for the Knights is a tricky thing due to the fact that you have to be a squire before you even become a Knight of the Crown.

Kiri how about having a starter class called a Squire class, more you progress in this class you can get closer to the Crown class, then once you are promoted to be a knight you can remake your char has a Knight of the Crown to the lvl that you become a Knight.

Now for those who failed to become a Knight, they will have to rebuild their char but the fighter class must be used to replace the Squire class to the apporited lvl or if depending on the RPing reason this person failed to make a Knight they could become a KOT or join any other guild but it be on a case by case bases.

So when someone who is creating a char for the so purpose of being in KOS can pick Squire class. Look at it this way a child growning up only thing they dream of is being a Knight so he/she has model their life to be like one, exp Sturm in the books.

To become a Knight the player would have to lose some of their abilities for exp.
Say a player has a char that is a fighter/rouge and through RPing he/she decides to become a squire. They can take the squire class and once they progress to be a Knight they can remake char has Knight of the Crown but relvl to the char was before they become a Knight, exp (10f/5r/5Squire) then remakes char to Knight of the Crown 20lvl

Now if a Knight loses their Knighthood there is a few options that can happen.

1) If the player started has a squire it doesnt matter how high they become Crown, Sword etc they would have to reamake their char has a fighter equal to what lvl their char was exp 20Crown/10Sword/10 Rose would be remade has 40 lvl fighter.

2) If a char like the above (10f/5r/5Squire) then remakes char to Knight of the Crown 20lvl
then loses it then the remake would look like this 15fighter/5rogue

And there can be a options of the char becoming a KOT.
Back to top Go down
Twisted Visions
KTOD Member

PostSubject: Re: On Knights of Solamnia   On Knights of Solamnia I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:13 am

Would and or should there be class restrictions on what a knight would be ?

For example I'll use the classes fighter rouge like you have above.

If one takes Rouge classes then wishes to become a knight should that halt them from taking rogue after they become a knight or even a squire seeing as tho they are being judged on thier actions as a squire as it is and some of the rogue's actions may be seen as shady at best depending on the Order of cousre. And or limit the pc's allowed to do it if rp calls for it case by case for this would also limit people for taking Rogue just for the tumble to add to ac and the Skill pionts to hold then spread out later on. There are a few more classes that could be added to this but you get the point.

Some of these things should be sorted out as well.

In reguards of base starting classes or if a knight losses knight hood in some cases should be more then one choice perhaps. Some knights base could be Paladin, Fighter or even a Ranger again depending on the order.

Same could go for the Moster races as well.

Just some thoughts: Wink
Back to top Go down
Twisted Visions
KTOD Member

PostSubject: Re: On Knights of Solamnia   On Knights of Solamnia I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:58 pm

In referance to the Base class for the knight if you are to take only 4 levels in the base class and then perform a few quest ... If I may and I dont want to come across wrong here but.

1). Getting to 4th level isnt too hard to do and would be easy to get in around a hour or less so I can see people not really minding having to relevel from 4 back to 1.

2). As far as the squire quests what will stop people from helping thier friends get the quests done ? How many quests will thier be?

I only bring these topics up to speak about them because from where I'm standing looks like one could become a knight in less then a day as it stands now.

Just some more thoughts from you local angery Ogre Gurlock affraid :::GrrraaaH:::
Back to top Go down
Kiri-Jolith
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kiri-Jolith

PostSubject: Re: On Knights of Solamnia   On Knights of Solamnia I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 7:13 pm

On squires. This is an RP title. A character must start a long quest chain, which is available at lvl 4, when they become a squire after completing the first quest node, and tops out at lvl 15 at which point they have the ability to choose to be a Knight (This is when you get the option to rebuild from lvl 1, or be at able to take your first Knight of the Crown level as your next level).

Knights require having a Lawful Good alignment, and if that is lost they will loose -all- their class abilities. This is enforced through scripting, and abilities won't work if a class looses it alignment requirements. (This goes for any class/prc that has alignment requirements. Goes for any class/prc that racial requirements as well).

Almost all actions have alignment shifts. i.e: Pickpocketing would have a chaotic alignment shift, as would killing an unarmed opponent. Tithing to a temple, or doing constable quests would have a lawful alignment shift.

The statement of "powergaming" as far as alignment shifting goes will come up, but losing class abilities & not being able to equip alignment requirement gear should take care of that.

As far as "getting friends to help with quests" go, the friends won't share the quest so the requirements can't be met. i.e: If quest requires you slay dragon, -you-(the quest-e) HAS to kill the dragon. Someone else killing it with you in party isn't gonna complete your objective, will suk if you have help and they steal the kill or accidently kill it. This doesn't mean a friend can't get said dragon to 1 hp and you take the last hp. But there are -always- ways to exploit every system. ~shrugs~ Don't let a DM catch you.
Back to top Go down
Twisted Visions
KTOD Member

PostSubject: Re: On Knights of Solamnia   On Knights of Solamnia I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:02 pm

Didnt know it was a level 15 requirement that changes things a bit and the quest could be set to be excessable once hitting 15th.

And is the alingment shifting working in game I noticed it says it shifts but it dosent change any points one way or the other. The only way I seen a aligment shift was with a bug I posted on another topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On Knights of Solamnia   On Knights of Solamnia I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On Knights of Solamnia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Krynn's Time of Dragons :: KTOD Build Section :: Kiri's Modified Build Section-
Jump to: