Krynn's Time of Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Krynn's Time of Dragons

Krynn's Time of Dragons is a Neverwinter Nights Free Multi-player RPG.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Module: Changes to default Bioware Rules & Systems.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kiri-Jolith
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kiri-Jolith

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Module: Changes to default Bioware Rules & Systems. Empty
PostSubject: Module: Changes to default Bioware Rules & Systems.   Module: Changes to default Bioware Rules & Systems. I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:22 pm

Bastard Swords are now part of the "Martial Weapons Proficiency" group.
Back to top Go down
Kiri-Jolith
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kiri-Jolith

PostSubject: Re: Module: Changes to default Bioware Rules & Systems.   Module: Changes to default Bioware Rules & Systems. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:53 pm

Not so much of a modification of a default system, but as it concerns travel I will list it here.

Terrain - Based on terrain type, there may be periodic checks for balance and riding (if mounted). Failure may result in a movement speed decrease or damage, and if mounted, may kill your mount or yourself. i.e: Mountains, Ice, Rocky Areas require some ability to traverse, and are -not- someplace to ride a horse. But by all means, ride if you like. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kiri-Jolith
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kiri-Jolith

PostSubject: Re: Module: Changes to default Bioware Rules & Systems.   Module: Changes to default Bioware Rules & Systems. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:21 pm

Factions:

The default factions for BWs systems are, Hostile/Commoner/Defender/Merchant. I know everyone is used to "Attack faction member, entire faction becomes hostile till death."

Not anymore. Faction reactions are based on PERSONAL REPUTATION. That is, if you are a Draconian, you start neutral to the Defenders of Teyr(m) faction. If you were to say, attack a member of that faction, and didn't kill him, he would relay the attack to the rest of the faction. If you were to kill them, out of sight, then the rest of the faction would have no way of knowing it was your character who killed the faction member, therefore there were no changes to personal reputation with that faction.

With that being said, there are 4 faction categories an NPC can belong to, though not all npcs belong to all faction categories. They take precedence in the following order:

Religious Faction - Deity Based
Military Faction - Military Affiliaton (Knights of Solamnia, Defenders of Teyr, Tower of High Sorcery, etc.)
Regional Faction - Regionally Based (Teyr, Nordmaar, Solamnia, Abanasinia, etc.)
Regional Faction - Based on Race (Silvanesti Elves, Aghar Dwarves, Ogres, etc.)

Using the "Examine" option in-game will make a set rolls based on various Lore skills for detection of which faction(s) the NPC being Examined belongs to. Keep in mind, failing a Lore check may give a false positive, that is to say, a failed roll may tell you that a member of the KoS is a member of some mercenary faction while he is in reality, a member of the KoS military faction.

Your personal reputation with these various groups will determine alot about your interaction with them. This includes, but isn't limited to, Quest & Merchant availability, NPC availability, Difficulty Aquiring information, etc.

Also, the number of Kills of faction members is also logged. This affects random encounters, and the route quests go when you are doing them. i.e: If you have a large ammount of kills against the Knights of Solamnia, you will not only be hostile to them, but while traveling in KoS controlled lands, you will encounter more KoS patrols hunting specifically for you versus if you were neutral with them.

Becoming hostile with a faction will also result in the issuing of a Warrant by that faction. Warrants are bounties other players, who are friendly with that faction, may collect by either slaying you, or taking you prisoner, dependent on the terms of the Warrant issued by that faction.

So, if you were hostile to the KoS faction, and a Warrant was issued for your arrest by that faction, then anyone who is friendly with the KoS could collect that warrant by arresting you and returning you to the KoS for trial. NOTE: Forgery allows the creation of fake warrants. So if another player has done a Warrant mission for the KoS, they could forge a fake warrant for whoever they wished, set the terms as they wished, and collect the bounty on the warrant, even if the warrant is indeed a fake. But keep in mind, they have to pass the warrant off as legit to the Warrant Officer, this being based on a series of rolls and checks as well. You might just end up with your freedom, and a warrant being issued for the PC who forged the warrant to begin with!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Module: Changes to default Bioware Rules & Systems.   Module: Changes to default Bioware Rules & Systems. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Module: Changes to default Bioware Rules & Systems.
Page 1 of 1