Krynn's Time of Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Krynn's Time of Dragons

Krynn's Time of Dragons is a Neverwinter Nights Free Multi-player RPG.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The New Forum

Go down 
+3
Abyss
CarlosElSalvador
Yazkir
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SB_Storm
Webmaster
Webmaster
SB_Storm

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-07-13

The New Forum Empty
PostSubject: The New Forum   The New Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 6:46 pm

I have to take a little bit to read through all the instructions for this forum set up
because it has all sorts of goodies....

We should have private guild sections also and I have some of them sort of set up but I have to make sure I have them set up right.

I have such a pile of work to do.....

*mumbles*

Sad
Back to top Go down
http://timeofdragons.angelcities.com/KTOD.html
ProjectAshley
Administration
Administration

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-25

The New Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Forum   The New Forum I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 7:09 pm

Willing to help out. Love doing forums work. Just let me know if you want me or someone else to help out with this or if you got this. I know you're trying to do a lot with the server too so lemme know. Smile

- Ash
Back to top Go down
SB_Storm
Webmaster
Webmaster
SB_Storm

The New Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Forum   The New Forum I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 7:40 am

Sure I could use the help with it.
Back to top Go down
CarlosElSalvador
KTOD Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-12-23

The New Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Forum   The New Forum I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:58 am

Hey Storm, been a while.

Anyhow, I was thinking, perhaps it would be neat if you went ahead and uhh... Not used the form style for DLCO?

I don't mean to make it an issue, Just, you know... *Shrug*

Anyhow, nice to see the server is back...ish.

I'll try and spend some time on it, and I can build a little bit now too... Not much, I am much better at item-making.
Back to top Go down
SB_Storm
Webmaster
Webmaster
SB_Storm

The New Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Forum   The New Forum I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 5:45 am

DLCO what is that?
Back to top Go down
CarlosElSalvador
KTOD Member

The New Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Forum   The New Forum I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 8:10 am

Place I play that uses this exact layout for the fourms... lol
Back to top Go down
Yazkir
KTOD Member
Yazkir

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-08-27

The New Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Forum   The New Forum I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 8:12 am

DLCO is another DL server in nwn. And who cares if they have the same forum style... it's just a forum.
Back to top Go down
CarlosElSalvador
KTOD Member

The New Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Forum   The New Forum I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 8:23 am

I found it funny, lol.
Back to top Go down
SB_Storm
Webmaster
Webmaster
SB_Storm

The New Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Forum   The New Forum I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 7:39 pm

I think this is the default layout to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Abyss
KTOD Member
Abyss

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-11-11

The New Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Forum   The New Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 1:20 am

It is *nods* friend was making a forum for winterhaven and we changed it from this because this is indeed default
Back to top Go down
ProjectAshley
Administration
Administration

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-25

The New Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Forum   The New Forum I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 3:49 pm

Abyss wrote:
It is *nods* friend was making a forum for winterhaven and we changed it from this because this is indeed default

Storm has made me (at least temporarily) a board moderator. I've been doing a little research and will eventually change out the background and the default looks. For now, it's kinda nice, I like it, and until I find a nice one that mesh's well with the Dragonlance setting this will likely be what we use for now.

Changes are coming, and we're getting semi-organized. Smile

Hope everyone had a great holiday season, and I know I'm looking forward to seeing you all again in the realms once all is set up. ^.^

-Ash

(PS: If you need to tell me something that may be of help, or want to give suggestions about the board, feel free to PM me. Smile)
Back to top Go down
SB_Storm
Webmaster
Webmaster
SB_Storm

The New Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Forum   The New Forum I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:02 pm

We also should have some private guild sections this time to so if you don't see certain things it may be because they are for the members of the guild.

We have to look into these settings a bit more though, hopefully we will have one open to the public thread for each guild that new members can apply to, to get access to the private sections.

Bear with us on these new forum developments.
I am also waiting on another version of CEP to be released to continue my work on Version 3 of the mod.
Back to top Go down
A'Kirah
KTOD Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-28

The New Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Forum   The New Forum I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 11:54 am

Don't Know where this should go, but this server needs to be reset on a schedule, maybe every 2 or 3 days, otherwise it starts acting REALLY flaky and jumpy, like it is now. Pings are ranging from 1964 to 106, and it shows when you play it, big time. Other than that issue, I love this server and so do my 2 boys. Keep up the good work Smile
Back to top Go down
SB_Storm
Webmaster
Webmaster
SB_Storm

The New Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Forum   The New Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:37 am

I will see what I can do for a auto reset.
I think the choppiness was probably due to my anti-virus program doing scans every 3 hours, so I changed the virus scan options because it doesn't need to run that often.
Back to top Go down
Twisted Visions
KTOD Member

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-03-13

The New Forum Empty
PostSubject: Questions   The New Forum I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 10:15 am

First off hello, I'm one of the newer memebers.

1). I have noticed the server bouncing of and on with -1 up to 3200 ping and the lag has been awful. Is this the norm for the server?

2). Also is there a reset time for the server ?

3). Are there people actualy currently rping here or is it login for a few gain some Xp then log rinse and repeat, to be honest for the most part thats all I have seen so far .

Thanks your Local angery Ogre: Gurlock affraid **I bash you GrraaH**
Back to top Go down
SB_Storm
Webmaster
Webmaster
SB_Storm

The New Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Forum   The New Forum I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Hi TW,
to answer your questions... No the ping should not be doing this as we have never had a problem like that before so I will monitor it for a few days to see if any of the new windows updates or something has changed the set up or is effecting it somehow.

No there is no reset time for the server yet, I manually reset it every other day or so.

For the people rping, I really cannot speak for the others on this. I myself in this last year went back to college so I have had very little time to be around because If I'm not working I'm at school, if I'm not either of those two places then I'm normally studying so I can maintain my GPA.

I wish I could spend days & hours on end playing like I used to....
Back to top Go down
Twisted Visions
KTOD Member

The New Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Forum   The New Forum I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 7:47 pm

I more than understand the School, work thing and good for you in doing so.

And the server keeps crashing seems every 3-4hrs. and ping hit 4700 a while ago.

But post a responce once you have looked into it if you could when you get a free moment

Thank you the local angery Ogre affraid ** I smash yous **
Back to top Go down
Twisted Visions
KTOD Member

The New Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Forum   The New Forum I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:47 pm

Server is down been down all day
Back to top Go down
SB_Storm
Webmaster
Webmaster
SB_Storm

The New Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Forum   The New Forum I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 2:28 am

Sorry guys,
My parents came over and used the pc... didn't realized they shut it off after they were done with it

Sad

It should be up in a few minutes.

UPDATE:

I have checked all my connections and such everything is fine; however,
when i went and checked my Internet speed online to see my upload and dload speed this is what I found:

Last Result:
Download Speed: 784 kbps (98 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 87 kbps (10.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

So I am in the process of writing my ISP provider a nice little letter to ask WTF is up with the speed rates for I have been paying them $39.95 a month for this crap! and that is just for the INTERNET service not the TV for the TV is included in my rent.

At my last house, I was at 20 mbps Down and 2 mbps Up with cable AND phone for $119.00 a month. So basically I am getting ripped off with my service here.....

Because I am barely above 56k phone modem speed with a Gigabit capable PC..
Needless to say I am not happy at the moment with what i have just found out.

~SB

Please see this thread also:
https://ktod.forumotion.net/general-disscusion-f18/what-is-your-internet-speed-t40.htm
Back to top Go down
Twisted Visions
KTOD Member

The New Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Forum   The New Forum I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 5:59 pm

Ahh.. Comcast often has that same issue it has something to to with the usage. Same thing happened on a nother server played on and the Dm called the provider and after about 6 months got them to come out and he showed them and they did something as well as adjusted the prices for service.

Thanks for looking into it

Local angery Ogre affraid ** I bash yous ** ']['hrash..
Back to top Go down
SB_Storm
Webmaster
Webmaster
SB_Storm

The New Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Forum   The New Forum I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:14 pm

Is the Choppiness still happening?
If it is I will look into it again to see what is going on.

Normally our "ping" is low and steady, so if its 1964 then something is
going on with the mod that needs to be looked at...

~SB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The New Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Forum   The New Forum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The New Forum
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Krynn's Time of Dragons :: Welcome to the KTOD forums :: The New Forum-
Jump to: