Krynn's Time of Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Krynn's Time of Dragons

Krynn's Time of Dragons is a Neverwinter Nights Free Multi-player RPG.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things I need for Organizing:

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ProjectAshley
Administration
Administration

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Things I need for Organizing: Empty
PostSubject: Things I need for Organizing:   Things I need for Organizing: I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:07 am

For starters we're gonna go with Guild Informations.

I could use a list of what guilds are active, and guild leaders to drop me PM's with what kind of options / ideas you want for the personal guild sections for me to put into effect.

Next, I need someone who has a flair for a bit of an artistry to come up with a nice banner to replace the phpbb logo at the top left corner. I know we have a LOT of talent here in the community, so I think it fit that someone that's a part of it gets to help make the banner for us if we're interested. I'll work with Storm and see about making a nice prize of some sort for whoever wins. Very Happy

Finally, I made the board this black and red with graphic non-intensive because well, it loads super-fast and is easier on the eyes (at least mine - if you guys are having problems with it - this is the place to gripe about it).

Enjoy! And hope you guys are having a great time!

- Ash
Back to top Go down
SB_Storm
Webmaster
Webmaster
SB_Storm

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Things I need for Organizing:   Things I need for Organizing: I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 7:37 pm

It surly is different
Back to top Go down
http://timeofdragons.angelcities.com/KTOD.html
ProjectAshley
Administration
Administration

PostSubject: Re: Things I need for Organizing:   Things I need for Organizing: I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:26 am

SB_Storm wrote:
It surly is different

It is different. And while I realize it's not quite "Dragonlancey" - I am (somewhat - as time permits - lol) working on a nice dragon-lance style theme. I know what I'd -like- to do, but that requires LOTS of coding and I'm positive that I don't have time for that. But I am working on kind of a basic theme for the forums.

Anywho - still waiting on feedback! Wink

- Ash
Back to top Go down
Kiri-Jolith
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kiri-Jolith

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Things I need for Organizing:   Things I need for Organizing: I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:46 am

I like the colors. Match my color scheme for my laptop/vista/skins. As for the guilds and what not, start them all fresh?
Back to top Go down
ProjectAshley
Administration
Administration

PostSubject: Re: Things I need for Organizing:   Things I need for Organizing: I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:54 pm

Kiri-Jolith wrote:
I like the colors. Match my color scheme for my laptop/vista/skins. As for the guilds and what not, start them all fresh?

I like the colors too. Who knows, maybe I'll make a nice little Takhisis-style theme and run with it. Smile

Anyways, we could start them all fresh. My only thing is what do we want to do (if anything) different from last time with the guilds / people having access to them. More or less if you made a char that was a wizard you instantly have access to the Tower for info. If you got tired of that one and you wanted to make a KOS or a KOT you got access to those forums.

I'd like to see people a little more character focused this time through and have access to one of the guilds and not a ton of them. But that's my opinion.

- Ash
Back to top Go down
Kiri-Jolith
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kiri-Jolith

PostSubject: Re: Things I need for Organizing:   Things I need for Organizing: I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:34 am

Starting the guilds fresh is probably the best idea, or at least make people sign in if they hold relevant positions. The Cross-Character Knowledge/ OOC stuff is why I've always been a fan of one guild per player. It has to be one way or the other, but if you're going to let anyone from any guild join any other guild, then why bother with the private sections on the forums? Also, there is always the option of the persistent in-game communication, be via person-person, group-person, group-group. etc. Dunno if it helps or not, but just throwing that out there.
Back to top Go down
RaistlinMM
KTOD Member
RaistlinMM

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Things I need for Organizing:   Things I need for Organizing: I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:50 am

Well as a player with both a KoS and a Conclave mage i dont remember any problems that i had keeping char knowledge and player knowledge seperated. And this discussion is the only reason i havent posted in the KoS forums yet, as i'm waiting to see how this discussion goes.
Back to top Go down
ProjectAshley
Administration
Administration

PostSubject: Re: Things I need for Organizing:   Things I need for Organizing: I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:54 pm

RaistlinMM wrote:
Well as a player with both a KoS and a Conclave mage i dont remember any problems that i had keeping char knowledge and player knowledge seperated. And this discussion is the only reason i havent posted in the KoS forums yet, as i'm waiting to see how this discussion goes.

Understandable. While you're one of the better players by far that can keep separate chars exactly that - separate, there are others who I've seen who aren't so inclined sometimes.

I have other ideas as well, but I'll leave those for later. I know one thing I was never horribly fond of was the fact that players had roles as leaders in the various important guilds (like the Tower, KoS and KoT). I always found it easier to get players -into- a SL because their superior said "look, I need you to do this and this". Gets a little bit harder when they are the leaders. Then it's the whole "Time to use a god to get this SL off the ground".

Anyways - just another concern of mine that I would toss out there. There's not likely much to happen with this one - but it's valid so I figured I'd toss it out there too.

- Ash
Back to top Go down
SB_Storm
Webmaster
Webmaster
SB_Storm

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Things I need for Organizing:   Things I need for Organizing: I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:16 pm

Any more thoughts on guilds and the forums?
Should I just open them up or try to make them private?

All input is welcome at this point.

~SB
Back to top Go down
http://timeofdragons.angelcities.com/KTOD.html
Kiri-Jolith
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kiri-Jolith

PostSubject: Re: Things I need for Organizing:   Things I need for Organizing: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 4:01 am

Let'em speak now or forever hold their peice? o_0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things I need for Organizing:   Things I need for Organizing: I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things I need for Organizing:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Krynn's Time of Dragons :: Welcome to the KTOD forums :: The New Forum-
Jump to: